To ensure the effectiveness of the ARCP process it is essential that the following documentation is completed (including signatures) and uploaded to the ISCP system by the published submission date.The trainee's learning portfolio provides the evidence of progress. It is the trainees responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is complete in good time for the ARCP. Please ensure that your ISCP is up to date in preparation for this ARCP; the panel will be reviewing all ePortfolios prior to the day of the assessment. Please refer to the ISCP for guidance on the number of Work Place Based Assessments that are required to be completed for your ARCP. Failure to complete the required amount of WPBAs or submit the documentation below can result in the assessment not going ahead and the trainee being issued with an unsatisfactory outcome. Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the submission date may not be counted towards their annual ARCP.
- ISCP portfolio is current and up to date for your current stage of training
- Enhanced Form R
- Wider Scope of Practice
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Training reports must be completed, by your Assigned Educational Supervisor and by ALL your Clinical Supervisors, on ISCP. You should advise your Clinical Supervisors to specifically comment on the following domains with regard to your training;
- Clinical Skills
- Operative Skills
- Professional Behaviour and Leadership Skills
- Summary of your operative log book
- Indicative logbook numbers- Upload a table detailing your logbook numbers of the indicative procedures against the indicative numbers. Upload to the portfolio under 'other evidence'
- Summary of training since last ARCP- Please upload a summary document of your training achievements since your last ARCP in relation to global objectives. It should be no more than a single side of A4. Upload to the portfolio under 'other evidence'.
- ST8s are required to complete the Certification Checklist available on the JCST website, please upload to the portfolio under 'other evidence'
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on the ARCP form, copies of which will be sent to you and the Royal College with the original being retained by Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education in your training record file. We advise that you share the information relating to your ARCP outcome with your Educational Supervisor to facilitate further Educational Supervision.
Please see the School Structure page for Head of School, Training Programme Director, College Tutor and School Management contact details.