To ensure the effectiveness of the ARCP process it is essential that the following documentation is available on the ISCP, it is a trainee’s responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is uploaded to the portfolio by the published submission date. Please refer to the ISCP for guidance on the number of Workplace Based Assessments that are required to be completed for your ARCP.
Failure to complete the required amount of WPBAs or submit the documentation below could result in an unsatisfactory outcome.
Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the submission date may not be considered.
1. ISCP portfolio is current and up to date for your current stage of training, please see curriculum and global objectives for further details.
4. Waypoint Checklist (ST4 Checklist to be completed by ST3s & ST4s, ST6 Checklist to be completed by ST5s & ST6s and Penultimate Checklist to be completed by ST7s).
5. Your C.V. updated and reviewed with your Educational supervisor.
6. WBAs the majority of WBAs should be performed and validated by Consultants. As a guide we would like:
- ST3 & ST4 to produce a minimum 40 WBAs per year.
- ST5 & ST6 minimum 30 per year.
- ST7 & ST8 minimum 20 per year
7. Audit and research: Electronic summary of the audits and papers/presentations since the last ARCP with supporting evidence. The submitted paper. Small reproduction of the poster. A second summary of all audits and research since ST3 commencement should also be uploaded.
8. Logbook: We will review total numbers particularly those highlighted by the SAC and targeted in your logbook for CCT acquisition. Evidence of total numbers since starting ST3 and numbers from last formal ARCP need to be provided.
9. 2 Power point slides to be submitted to TPD before the ARCP, slide 1 a summary of last years achievements, slide 2 plans for next year. There is a template provided by the Education Programme Team with your ARCP notification email. This will summarise indicative numbers, WBAs, research and Audit achievements. Must include critical CBD update and index procedure update/record.
10. Record of your Friday program teaching attendance, filed on ISCP in other evidence.
11. CCT checklist for all trainees – please ensure you have selected green for the things you have passed and red as things still to achieve
12. Record of Educational Conferences and Courses attended
13. Record of Teaching and training courses attended
14. ATLS/ETC award dates
15. MSF Record -Minimum 1 MSF a year
16. Reflective Practice is encouraged to be recorded.
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on the ISCP within the ARCP section. We advise you share the information relating to your ARCP outcome with your Educational Supervisor to facilitate further Educational Supervision.
Please see the School Structure page for Head of School, Training Programme Director, College Tutor and School Management contact details.