To ensure the effectiveness of the ARCP process it is essential that the following documentation is completed (including signatures) and uploaded to the ISCP system by the published submission date.The trainee's learning portfolio provides the evidence of progress. It is the trainees responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is complete in good time for the ARCP. Please ensure that your ISCP is up to date in preparation for this ARCP; the panel will be reviewing all ePortfolios prior to the day of the assessment. Please refer to the ISCP for guidance on the number of Work Place Based Assessments that are required to be completed for your ARCP. Failure to complete the required amount of WPBAs or submit the documentation required can result in the assessment not going ahead and the trainee being issued with an unsatisfactory outcome. Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the submission date may not be counted towards their annual ARCP.
- ISCP portfolio is current and up to date for your current stage of training
- Enhanced Form R
- Wider Scope of Practice
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Evidence of Regional Training Day Attendance
- Purple Form (Required for each 6 month placement)
- Summary of your operative log book (Please provide a sheet for each of the 6 month posts that you have undertaken since your last ARCP and a sheet for your complete experience to date)
- Logbook consolidation (for experience to date & each 6 month post since last ARCP
- Training reports must be completed, by your Assigned Educational Supervisor and by ALL your Clinical Supervisors, on ISCP. You should advise your Clinical Supervisors to specifically comment on the following domains with regard to your training;
- Clinical Skills
- Operative Skills
- Professional Behaviour and Leadership Skills
- Waypoint Checklist
- ST4 Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST3s & ST4s)
- ST6 Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST5s & ST6s)
- Penultimate Waypoint Checklist (to be completed by ST7s)
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on the ARCP form, copies of which will be sent to you and the Royal College with the original being retained by Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education in your training record file. We advise that you share the information relating to your ARCP outcome with your Educational Supervisor to facilitate further Educational Supervision.
Please see the School Structure page for Head of School, Training Programme Director, College Tutor and School Management contact details.